Monday, March 29, 2010

Long Day...

Long Day today. I had to do my OER Support form, so I got up at 0300 to take a shower and write the thing. Of course, at 0330 it is rather easy to knock out something like that so I was done by about 0400. Watched TV, cleaned up some mud...and found myself with a gaping hole in my early morning...I just had to break down and go to breakfast. This is only like the third time I have eaten Breakfast since arriving at Taji, and my first time on the US side. The place is empty which leads me to believe that I am not the only one who thinks that getting up early is just not worth it. Who knew?

I got to accompany my Brigadier as we made the rounds about Taji. First we had a Basic Training graduation. I should have some video up here soon that shows them marching around. Interesting. See those hands swing...at least they don't goose step around. Next we had two Major Generals come visit our school. Nothing like an impromptu visit by a couple of MGs to get a battle simulation up and running. We gave them the Full Monty and showed a battle in Baghdad on the simulation. Next we went to the Training Center commanders office (a full Colonel) for some Chai, then to their dining facility where we all ate around a big table. After that we went and visited one of his Habibis (friends) that commands one of the Brigades here on Taji. We had more Chai, and then some more Chai. Needless to say I was ready to burst, so by the time I got back to our school, I barely made it to the latrine.

I then spent the rest of the day trying to explain in my situation report what happened while we doing all of that stuff, and then try to figure out what its significance was. Not an easy task some times, but today was a good day, so it was easy.

Attended the first Passover Seder here on Taji. It was, well, interesting. Lots of wine, though! We had some COSTCO Sized cans of Matzah Ball Soups sent to us, and several huge cans of other traditional fish stuffs that I dare not spell. Lots of Matzah and plenty of macaroons and candy. Did I mention the wine?

Anyway, I need to get to bed, I am getting use to getting up at 0300 to shower and get ready for the day.

Later all, and Happy Passover and Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment