Saturday, April 3, 2010

Back in Taji Again...

Well, I finally returned to Taji. It seemed a lot longer than it really was, especially since they put us up in tents. Now these were no ordinary tents, these were magic tents that seemed to produce mosquitoes by the hundreds. Even after we got the temperature down to a nice 65 degrees, the mosquitoes remained. I was swatting at the things even while I was asleep. People were making fun of me.

Anyway, on my way home I got to stop over at Camp Liberty on the Victory Base Complex. What a HUGE freaking place the VBC is! The PX there was so large and had so much stuff that I was in amazement. I couldn't believe that they had so much of things and we have empty shelves...and we are not that far from them.

So I get back into town to find out that there is a bunch of petty little things going on in my team. You would not believe how living conditions, who gets to ride with whom in vehicles, and who talks to whom, and who emails whom causes so much angst. It is really amazing. We will survive, it is so absurd that I may have to demonstrate that fact through my own absurdity. Not sure how yet. Kind of sorry that I missed April Fools day with my team, I heard they pulled a good one on some other members of the team. Told them the big cheese was about 5 minutes out from coming to our school for a visit, and nothing was up and running. So after they squirmed for a few minutes and tried to turn on all of the computers they finally broke the news to them.

Well, I need to get going. So for now I will leave you with this thought: "Don't eat yellow snow!"

Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment