Sunday, April 18, 2010

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles meets Chicken Little

So there I am, innocently walking back into my CHU, not entirely disappointed that we didn't have but 4 people at Rugby tonight (which meant that we just passed the ball around and basically didn't do any running), when I looked at my Computer monitor to see a series of emails...all with one major theme...THE SKY IS FALLING! Imagine getting a message that basically says nothing of detail, except check your "Other" email and call.  The implied tasks are:  Find a vehicle, find a buddy to travel with, drive about 25 minutes, check your "Other" email, hope that you brought the necessary information to answer the questions, make the phone call, and then hope that you don't have to drive back 25 minutes to get more data.

Turns out they could have asked me the question on my normal email, and I could have answered it in about 2 seconds.  They could have had their answer in minutes...but they chose the chicken little route and got the 2 second answer in an hour.  Good call on their part!

It rained again yesterday...for 5 minutes.  Amazing how a 5 minute rain can mess up your life for 2 days!  At least they have put in some sidewalks and gravel...I stress the word SOME.  There was still mud everywhere.  It is getting better, maybe because of the hotter weather or something.  The rugby field looked like it was still wet (which could have been the reason for the no-shows), but it was rather dry and about as good to play on as it has ever been.  Usually it takes about 3-4 days to dry.

I need to get to bed so I can wake up and send concern rays to the Blackhawks...I think that they need to start playing a little better if they are going to bring Lord Stanley's Cup home to Chicago!

Later all...

No comments:

Post a Comment