Friday, February 12, 2010

Say Hello, Shappy...Hello Shappy!

Got into Taji yesterday morning after a marathon 26 hours of traveling throughout Kuwait and Iraq.  It ended with me rolling into Taji temporary billeting around 5:45 in the morning.  I then plopped down and slept until noon.  After waking up I noticed that not only did I have a huge room, but it had a shower and a toilet as well!  Using war lingo it is called a Wet CHU.  Worth its weight in gold.  No more having to put on clothes and shoes to walk to the latrine at 3am!  Yeah.  Well, I had to move out of there this morning and move into my more permanent quarters...another Wet CHU, but this time about 1/2 the size.  And the bathroom is about 1/3 the size.  Will have to see how long this lasts.  Kind of stinks a little bit, too.  Now I know why there were air fresheners everywhere in the place.

Just wanted to let everyone that cares know that I am safe and sound at Taji, just North of Baghdad.  Hopefully, I will be able to reside in someplace long enough now to receive some mail...more adventures to follow...

Later.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jeff:

    Sorry I missed your call the other day. Dad said it was great seeing and talking to you.Glad you have arrived safely at your new destination. Hopefully the package we sent last week to the old address will be forwarded to you. We have 10# of Gummi Bears waiting in the wings to send to you. Hopefully you will share--I'll send baggies. That's an awful lot of Gummi Bears!!!!!! We'll send them when you recieve the other package. Stay safe and keep in touch.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete