Friday, June 25, 2010

Another Day Off...down the tubes

Well, I shouldn't say it was down the tubes, so much as it is gone now, and I can't get it back.  On this day, at Camp Taji, Iraq, absolutely NOTHING happened.  I only left the room once during the day to empty the trash.  The only work I did was with a hand vacuum and writing this Blog.  I did sleep all afternoon, then woke up in time to watch the All-Portuguese Match.

How does everyone like the new layout?  I like it better, seems the words are bigger and the pictures post properly.  Feedback?

Luckily, with a bit of foresight, I got a couple of bags of ice yesterday to keep my Diet Pepsi cold, been slamming those down today like water, mainly because I am running low on water, and getting more involves getting out there in the heat to get more.  I have this ice-box like room, and I plan to keep it that way.  Opening the door just isn't part of that plan.  I do, however, have to leave the room eventually to tend to the Jewish Flock here.  A small group reduced to myself and  guy who isn't even Jewish...but at least we have real bread now, and dividing an Airplane bottle of wine by two is far more to my liking that by 4 or 6.  Maybe we will have some more people tonight.  I am going to try and get to Baghdad for the High Holidays, I know that we will at least have 10 guys there.  And, I am not going to even try to lead a Rosh Hashanah service all by myself.  I don't even have a white robe.

Has anyone noticed how many Yellow cards have been issued this World Cup?  Has to be like thousands already or something.

I need to get going...dinner then "Drinks" await...

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment