Another Friday, and another day off that won't really be a day off. Lots of work to do. And decisions to be made. Like, do I want to stay beyond 31 Aug for 30 or 90 days? I guess that the decision needs to be made today. I don't think that I am going to do anything positive to stay (like fill out some silly paperwork). If they force me, so be it. How do you justify being able to come home early to your family and then doing something to stay? You can't, especially as we draw down to the point that things will just get more and more dangerous. We should not be drawing down our forces right now...quite possibly the worst military decision I have ever heard of. Just wait for it...time will prove me right.
When it rains here at Club Taji, everything turns to sticky mud and mush. When it doesn't rain, the stuff blows EVERYWHERE! It gets in your eyes, your ears, your nose, mouth, and hair. It blows through cracks in your walls that you didn't even know that you had. It can't be good for the air conditioners that we depend upon...anyway, I played cards last night through a mild dust storm, the cards were forever getting more and more coated in dust. If I left my phone out, it would be unreadable in minutes from the layer of dust that would attach to its screen...must have been some sort of electrical attraction. Just going to the latrine and washing your hands you could see the dirt in the sink, usually after only about 15 minutes outside.
Well, I need to get back to work. Break's over, back on my head!