Friday, May 28, 2010

Watch out for Crystal Light...

So much for my day off.  Only about 100 emails to answer...but that's ok.  Been working on a VIP brief for when visitors will come to our school, and trust me, they will come.  Seems like Generals, both Iraqi and American, like bright shiny objects...and ours seems to be the brightest and shiniest in Iraq right now!

Watching a Marathon session of 24 all day, almost to episode 16 of season 8...then NOTHING!  I hope that I can acquire the other 8 episodes soon.  I have a line on a guy who has them, so I shouldn't go too crazy.  I still am having a hard time believing that a pistol can shoot through body armor and kevlar helmets, and that someone in a secure facility can talk, repeatedly, on a cell phone without drawing attention to themselves.  And the big one...that there are things in our government called "Protocols" that EVERYONE knows...these are government employees, they are doing way too much work for the little pay we give our civil servants.  These people just don't exist.  I work with them, they are some of the most non-working people I know.  Some are great, and I am not talking about those guys, but for the most part, they all operate like people that can't be fired no matter what (and most of the time they are right).

Got some Crystal Light in a package yesterday.  It was raspberry.  I LOVE Raspberry!  The only container that I have to put the stuff in is a 1.5 litre plastic water bottle.  These were the tub-type containers.  So, needless to say, I got a lot of it on my hands.  What is in this stuff?  Sharpie marker dye?  Am I actually coating my stomach with some colored permanent dye packs?  My hands are now covered with red dye, or whatever is doubling as red dye in that raspberry Crystal Light.  I guess I never really thought about how badly it coats our tongues before, and the powder, when it gets a little bit wet, is even worse.  So tonight I get to play Rabbi.  I hope I don't get caught doing it...then I would get caught playing Rabbi, red-handed.  I know, I know, it was a long way to go for a stupid joke...but I do have red hands, that hasn't changed.

O.k., episode 16 just started.  I better pay attention since it may be my last for a while.  Until next time people!

Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment