Thursday, May 20, 2010

Still nothing...

Well, I still have no clue what the Army is going to do with us...I am fairly certain that all of the members of my team will go home before the 1st of August, but I still have no clue when they will send me home.  I am not too worried about it, though.  The camel races are on, so at least I have some peace and tranquility!  How something so chaotic and stupid can make me forget all my troubles and worries is beyond me.  The funny thing is that the guy calling it is doing so in Arabic.  And I pretty much understand it.  Which leads me to believe that the idiots that call the horse races in English could do so in gibberish and we would still understand them.

My son graduates from High School this weekend, and of course, I will miss it.  He also got into RPI, so I guess that means that he is not going to Alabama...I guess now I am going to have to look for a new place to stay if I want to watch football games.  RPI is really an awesome school, and you can't imagine the pride I have that he even got in.  Hopefully, he will get to play soccer while he is there.

Son, I have piece of advice as you head off to college:  "Don't let Academics get in the way of your Education!"  Kind of guided me through my days.  Straight A's are nice, but unless you are MENSA-Boy, it is just way too much work, and you miss out on life.

I will write more later, but for now I send my best to the entire family that has descended upon The Lodge at Deer Creek to celebrate TJ's graduation.  I hope allof you have a wonderful time, and that the Alabama weather cooperates.  I miss you all, and hope to be home sometime in the future to see everyone again.

Until Next time...

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on RPI! That's a really great school. Sorry you're missing his graduation but I'm sure you're there in spirit! Working on another care package -- the brownie cookie mix was out of stock until recently! Stay safe =) ♥ Dawn

    ReplyDelete