Saturday, May 15, 2010

It's Dusty Out There!

See that Dot in the middle of the picture?  That is the sun!  Completely blocked out by dust.  It wasn't even that bad a day, either.  Just about 110 degrees and dusty air.  Oh, how great it was to breathe, though!

Good news, though.  It appears I may be home by the end of August!  Not official yet, but pretty sure that anything I say will change, so don't get your hopes up too much for my early return...I'm not.  It seems like our headquarters is a day early on planning all the time, and their headquarters is a day behind on issuing guidance all the time.  Makes for lots of circular planning and wasted effort - not to mention getting everyones hopes up along the way.  I don't know what they could be doing differently, but it does make for some entertaining (not to mention colorful) conversations around the cigar-smoking circle.  At least I can say that I made some good friends here...mostly some good cigar buddies.  We inherited an awesome back porch behind my CHU, and we sit out there every evening smoking cigars and drinking our near-beer.  I finally settled on Becks Non-alcoholic.  Not that it is any good, but it tastes the most like REAL beer.  It is really weird to drink a beer and not feel anything.  Really weird.

I finally got to a gym to do some work on the elliptical runner.  It felt good to sweat, if even for a few minutes.  There was air conditioning there, so the sweat actually becomes visible.  It is so hot here that when you sweat it evaporates almost immediately, so you don't even realize that you are, indeed, sweating.  It is not even that unpleasant in this heat.  It is definitely worse to be in 90 degree Alabama heat with 100% humidity!

I just thought that this picture was funny.  Thought that I would share it.  Sometimes we all kind of feel like we are riding a "Dead Horse."  Just remember, that when working with the government, No Horse is EVER too Dead to Beat!

Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment