Friday, May 7, 2010

Hello World...

It has been a while since I last posted anything.  Mainly because I just haven't felt all that great.  Looks like everyone is going home early...except for me.  I have to somehow get this school up and running all by my self now.  It actually may be a good thing, since now I will have to do just about everything, so I will be aware of everything that is going on...that is unless I figure out how not to share the things I do with myself.

I had my weekly wine rations tonight.  I got a hold of my local chaplain and finally squared things away.  Looks like we may get a few more soldiers in to services as well.  The wine was those little bottles of Chardonnay that they give you on the plane trips...I am sure it will get better at some point.

Have to get up early and watch the Hawks game again.  It comes on at 0430 here.  I get to go on a little trip tomorrow...can't say where or when, but I should be back by Sunday.  May get to hook with one of the LTs that was stationed at Ft Ord with me.  Will know more tomorrow.

Not much else is going on, just trying to figure out what is going to happen with our school.  Got to play a little Euchre and a little cribbage last night.  It was fun.  There was some female NCO that was dressed up as Foxy Cleopatra...honestly, where does one pack an outfit like that?  What would possess an individual to pack something like that to a war zone?  I am not complaining, just trying to figure out the motivation.  I know that there has to be some consumption going on at these parties, but I can honestly say that I have not witnessed any, which is a good thing for plausible deny ability.  That is just judging by the rowdiness of the soldiers that are at these parties.  I have seen some people there that are definitely from our group, so I guess that word is getting around.  Too bad that most of these people will all be going home in about two months or so.

Must go to sleep now.  Hope that Randolph beat Indian Springs today.

Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment