Monday, July 12, 2010

Sad day in Gummyland



It seems that the Gummy nation of Brach's Wild 'N Fruity Gummy Bears has experienced some genocide at the hands of my wife and I (with the Iraq heat contributing).  My wife sent me 12 pounds of the little guys...two whole nations of Gummy Bears.  Now I pretty much have two Extremely large Gummy Blobs, with a few of the lucky stragglers still remaining.  Gummy Genocide!  Two whole nations of Gummy's, wiped off the face of the earth...how will they ever survive?  Oh, yeah, Brach's will make more.
What I really need are Chip Clips...does anyone realize how hard it is to find those over here?  Not sure why, they have all kinds of useless crap in the PX, but no chip clips.  How is anyone supposed to keep their chips fresh?  I have been using plastic forks.  They work pretty good, actually, but I don't have any confidence in their longevity.   I guess I could use some tape, but the only stuff I have is the electrical kind, and that black stuff gets messy in the heat (in the unfortunate event of an air conditioning failure).

Well, I need to get to work.  Long, hot day ahead of me.  I hope all of you in the US are staying cool.  Drink lots of water.  If anyone knows where I can get one of those battery operated fans mounted on a pray bottle, please send to me or let me know where I can order it...My Brigadier wants to retire, and since they don't have any over here, he can make those for a living...or I can, or someone else can, for that matter...I JUST NEED ONE!

Later all...

No comments:

Post a Comment