Monday, July 19, 2010

My very own Wal Mart Greeters!

It has been hot here lately.  So hot that I decided that tonight was a good night for a smoothie.  So I gathered up the requisite supplies (so I thought), and headed back to the CHU for some strawberry banana smoothie goodness.  I had plenty of ice, strawberries, banana milk, banana juice, blender, cup...it was all there.  So I make the PERFECT smoothie.  I mean this is the first time that I have been able to get the consistency just right. Then it it hits me as I try to take a drink from the cup...I HAVE NO STRAWS!  I mean this consistency is so perfect that I actually NEED a straw this time.  And I have none.  My Kingdom for a straw!  Luckily I am a lover of the Wendy's Frozen Shake...So I decided just to eat it with a spoon.  But, really, someone send me some straws!


I have the benefit of two of my very own personal greeters when I come into my room.  They are kind-of like the Wal-Mart greeters, but FAR less annoying, and far more reliable.  My greeters, of course, are my two Glade Sense & Sprays...every time I come home and turn on the lights, I get a nice "Hello" from my two pals, and also a nice little puff of fresh linen scent!  They are so good to me.  I have one in the bathroom, too...so I get a little greeting when I go in there, too...but that is just kinda weird to imagine a greeter in your bathroom...so I just ignore that one.  You wouldn't believe what kind of little things that you find hilarious here!  I laugh every time I get back to my CHU, just thinking about these "Greeters."

Is it just me, but when did grown men start wearing capri pants?  I just walked back from the Dining Facility and I saw two Russian dudes, Army Dudes, wearing civilian Capri Pants...some of our Iraqi interpreters wear them too.  I have no idea when this fashion thing happened.  Did I miss something?  I have a hard time believing that there are a bunch of bubbas running around Alabama, wearing Capri Pants, yelling "Roll Tide!"  And I can't imagine it EVER happening.  I will try to snap a picture of this strange phenomenon the next time I come across it.

Not much else going on here, just trying to finish the first season of Stargate Universe...just one more series that is more believable than 24...

RTR!

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment