Saturday, January 23, 2010

Wish I Could Remember to Write Every Day...

Still not getting to a computer every day to write, hopefully that will all change soon.  Just a little about my experiences so far.  My favorite place to visit so far was Kuwait.  The place where we fly in/out of is a lot like the Bar scene from Star Wars... a bunch of folks from all over the galaxy all wheeling and dealing for a flight to somewhere, anywhere.  The thing is, you could probably just hang out there for a month or so, and no one would be the wiser.  They have a McDonalds, KFC, Subway, 24hr Dining Facility...everything there is 24/7 (which if you stay up for 30 straight hours you learn is not necessarily the case).  The Green Bean Coffee Shop is pretty convenient, especially if you are on one of those aformentioned 30 hour non-alcoholic benders...you can actually get drunk on hope there...the hope that you may, indeed, get on that next flight out when they have the roll-call, only to find out that there were no spots at all.  But if you come back in 2 hours, maybe you'll get on the next one...

Once I figure out how to get photos on here I will start publishing some of the pictures I have taken (which is very little, actually).  I miss everyone, and I especially miss my family.  I watched Invictus (finally) yesterday, so I have my rugby fix for a while.

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment