Friday, January 15, 2010

Supposed to be my Last Day in the States, but...

Well, the normal (when I say normal, I have no frame of reference...suffice it to say that we always had to ask from about Tuesday forward what group we were in) group of people who fly overseas will be leaving today.  But for my Detachment, that would seem absurd at this point.  For some reason, all of us were bumped to an R&R flight.  Don't know what that means, but I can pretty much predict that our flight will be much less comfortable and much more crowded than the guys flying today.  So, that means another weekend in beautiful Columbus, GA!  Woohoo!  Could be worse, the guys from our unit that showed up a week prior to us are still here as well.  Oh, well, off to breakfast with our Commanding General.  Later taters.

No comments:

Post a Comment