Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Susie!

     I would like to dedicate this post to my favorite person in the whole word...my wife.  She is my hero.  Mother, Wife, Citizen, and Soldier...Survivor!  It is her birthday today!  Happy birthday, honey!  She is the reason I wake up, and the reason I sleep well at night.  It isn't until we are separated, on purpose or by accident, that we truly see the strength or failure of a relationship.  We have been separated our share (and dare I say more than our share?) of years because of the military.  We have been through the worst of times and the best of times.  But always, still, was our love for each other.   With every growing year I grow fonder and fonder of her.  She is the reason I am happy.  9 years ago, to the day, our lives changed...for the worse, and the better.  There was this lump... the rest is, as we like to say, history.  It was her beauty and happiness that originally attracted me, but her courage and will to live, through the cancer, that kept me in awe all these years!  I can honestly say that I am married to my best friend, and can't wait to spend the rest of my life with her.  And, I am not afraid to say it, either.

     So this is like her 25th birthday...again, and I am stuck her in Iraq.  With only pictures and phone calls...but it is enough to keep me going until I can get home and hold her again.

I love you, Susie.  You are my love, my life, my all.

No comments:

Post a Comment